Thursday, August 25, 2016

Something Fun by Riley Hart


My family is big into motocross. My husband rides dirt bikes and my girls started this past December. My oldest rides every weekend with my husband. My youngest isn't as into it. She only rides sometimes but we all love watching the races and going to Supercross. My husband works on his own bikes. He's taught my daughter to change the oil on hers. Dirt bikes are just a big part of our lives. Below is a picture of my husband and one of my daughter.



I've wanted to write a motocross racer for a while. I finally got the chance while writing Beckett Monroe's story. It's a novella and the fourth book in the Crossroads series, releasing this November.

I have to admit that my favorite scenes to write in the story involved racing or riding. As I said, I've known I wanted to write a racer but I didn't realize just how much I would love it. I found myself smiling as I wrote the dirt bike scenes. I had this little buzz of excitement under my skin, just putting the words on paper. I think it's special to write about something you're personally connected to. Dirt bikes are such a part of my life, that I felt like I got to put a little bit of my family, a little bit of how we spend our weekends and things we talk about--into a book.

I'm really excited for readers to get the chance to read it and I hope they like reading about motocross as much as I enjoyed writing about it. I definitely think I'm going to have to do this again!

More on Beckett Monroe's story coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment