Wednesday, September 14, 2016

What I Learned


About 2 weeks ago I went to Tallahassee to visit with my publisher and I learned a number of things on that visit and I thought I'd share some of them with you.

1)  A hurricane sounds like someone parked a jet plane outside your window and left the engines running. 

2)  A tire bouncing down the freeway will tear up a car fast. 

3)  You can find humor and make the best of any situation, even running over a rogue tire.  (Just for the record Elizabeth is an amazing driver and we were all safe thanks to her.)

4)  Outlet malls are amazing especially when the Coach store is having an awesome sale.  I got a messenger bag!

5)  Fishing on the gulf was an awesome experience.  (I caught a grouper, lots of red snapper, and 3 sharks.  Most of which we had to throw back.)

6)  Boat captains and deck hands really know what they're doing when the boat engine dies miles from shore, twice.

7)  Watching the sun both rise and set over the water on the same day is a surreal experience and one I'll always remember.

8)  I really like my new pink shorts.

In short I had an amazing time with tons of new experiences. 




3 comments:

  1. Wow..sounds like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's risque??? pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be rude/hateful and hide behind anonymous! Andrew blogs here all the time and he doesn't have to be risque because his true fans love his blogs. Glad to hear you had a mostly 😜 good trip.

    ReplyDelete