Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Ask Andrew - The Negativity - Andrew Grey


Dear Andrew

How do you deal with negative comments to your books or even in your personal life from those that don't support LGBT equality? It seems like there's SO much hate in the world today.

Thx, Kendra

Dear Kendra

Comments about my books are relatively easy to deal with.  After all this time, I simply let them roll off my back.  I have to.  No matter what there will always be someone who doesn't like a story simply because it doesn't resonate with them and that's okay. It's part of what's great about stories, they touch people differently. 

Now for the more difficult part of your question.  It isn't easy being out and available and yes Dominic and I have been targets for hate a few times.  When it happens it can be frightening beyond belief.  But we're firm believers that you can't let the hate win.  And the best way to do that is to keep moving forward and to do your best to be happy. 

See hate needs darkness and quiet to fester and breed.  Its like mold.  But when you shine the light on it and call it out for what it is, hate tends to wither and die.  It may seem like there's a lot of hate in the world, but there is so much more goodness and happiness.   And I like to concentrate on that.  Its a good part of the reason I write what I do because love trumps hate.

Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

1 comment: