Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ask Andrew - Stories that Change and Other Questions - Andrew Grey


Dear Andrew

I have asked questions before but this one is a little different.  I follow your pictures of you and your husband.  I read and review as many of your stories as I can.

Can you think back on your writing career and picture a standalone or series that just didn't turn out where, when, or how you wanted?

As quickly as your mind works and produces we have not seen shifter books from you although you work closely with authors who write lots of those.  Don't get me wrong you are blessed with words but is there a reason you don't?


Sheryl H.

Dear Sheryl

I have to tell you that there are often stories that don't turn out the way I envisioned them.  The characters often take on a life of their own and pull the story in its own direction.  One example is Accompanied by a Waltz.  I had intended that story to be about one character healing after loss, and it was that. But I ended up with other sub plots that came out of nowhere and in some ways tried to steal the show.  Another example is the Range stories.  I just set out to write a western story and ended up creating a whole world over seven books that was so real to me.  If I'm honest, I'm happiest when a story takes unexpected turns.  I always love seeing where my characters will take me.

As for shifters, I have written a series of shifter books under the pen name Dirk Greyson.  The first one is Challenge the Darkness and the second is Darkness Threatening.  I have written a third, Darkness Rising which is in editing.  Take a look at these and see what you think.

I hope you have a great day!
Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

1 comment:

  1. Great response today, Andrew. Yes, characters do tend to take over, don't they, lol.
    I love Dirk's shifters! I can't wait for the next book :c)

    ReplyDelete