Here's some of our favorite Halloween recipes for you.
Gluten Free Witch Fingers
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup gluten free flour
1 egg, beaten
Tump cheese, butter, salt, cayenne in a food processor and whaz until smooth. Add flour and pulse until you have a dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with flour. Knead just until you feel like you can make fingers (you ought to get 2 dozen 6 inch fingers)
Put them on parchment lined sheets and brush with the egg and put an almond in the end like a nail (you can dye them with food coloring too -- omg, it's gross and wonderful)
Pop the fingers in the fridge for 15 minutes and get your oven heating (350). Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Ta da. Witch fingers!
My go to to impress folks on Halloween?
1 lb ground beef
1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
12 taco shells
3/4 cup salsa
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tomatoes, small cubes
1 small head lettuce, sliced into small confetti squares
1 (2 1/4 ounce) cans large black olives, sliced
1 cup cheese, Shredded & Long ( cheddar is good, but a Mexican blend would be good too)
MIix meat and seasoning mix. Shape half of the mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls; place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan and bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Brown the remaining seasoned ground beef and add salsa.
Fill each taco shell with a thin layer of ground beef, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Position 2 meatballs inside the taco shell and add a dollop of sour cream to each. Garnish with olives to make “eyeballs.” Spread the cheese out along to the top for stringy hair.
Earthworms in dirt
1 large package of Oreo cookies
1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups milk
12 ounces Cool Whip (can use chocolate Cool Whip alternatively)
2 packages instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Gummy Worms or other Gummy Bugs
1. In a food processor, crush the Oreos until they have a grainy consistency with some large chunks. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter (or margarine), cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together. Set aside.
3. Combine the milk and pudding mixture until smooth and fold in the Cool Whip. Then fold in the creamed butter, cream cheese, sugar mixture until consistency is rich and smooth.
4. In separate ramekins, layer the crushed Oreos, pudding mixture and gummy worms/bugs, alternating. The last layer on top should be the crushed Oreos, with maybe a couple worms sticking out. Place a few gummy worms/bugs on top of each cake.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Got random questions? Comment or email one of us :)
You can find us on Twitter at @batortuga, @juliatalbot, @KiernanKelly and @seanmichael09
BA’s website is http://www.batortuga.com
Julia’s is http://www.juliatalbot.com
Kiernan's is www.KiernanKelly.com
Sean’s is http://www.seanmichaelwrites.com
BA -- https://www.facebook.com/batortuga
Julia -- https://www.facebook.com/juliatalbotauthor
Kiernan -- https://www.facebook.com/kiernan.kelly
Sean -- https://www.facebook.com/SeanMichaelWrites
smut fixes everything