Sunday, November 27, 2016

What I Did On My Thanksgiving Vacation by Christa Tomlinson




I spent Thanksgiving alone. And it was totally fine! I didn’t want to do anything. What I wanted was a day to guilt-free binge watch some Once Upon a Time and Issa Rae’s Insecure, eat a giant bowl of Stove Top Stuffing, and enjoy a slice or two of sweet potato pie. So that’s exactly what I did. And it was nice. No travel, no kitchen messy from cooking (boiling water for Stove Top isn’t cooking), and no stress. 

I needed that. Not because I’m an introvert, although that did play a part, but because I needed that guilt-free relax day. These past few months have been super stressful. In August I quit an unsatisfactory job but had sadness over leaving co-workers I liked. In September I packed up and cleared out the house I’d lived in for ten years - while making peace with the fact I was leaving the home I'd shared with my deceased boyfriend, Tom. In October that house went on the market and sold in three days and I had to move a week later. And I spent November unpacking and furnishing my new apartment. So I was tired, emotionally and physically. I needed to unwind and just relax in my new home. Recharge my batteries and start a new week fresh and ready to go.

I think my TV binging and pie eating accomplished that. The Lambic might also have helped. And now that I’m all powered up, I’ve booked a flight home to St. Louis for Christmas, started planning out the list of crafts that I want to make for gifts, and outlining a writing and publishing schedule for 2017. I feel good! And it was all thanks to a bowl of stuffing.



Thanks for reading!
Christa
www.ChristaTomlinson.com
Like my Facebook Author Page Christa Tomlinson
Follow me on Twitter @ShockZ314

4 comments:

  1. Did the same. I didn't feel like cooking. Ordered great Thai food and watched tv all day. Glad you were able to have a day to just "be". <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thai food and TV sounds amazing. Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't up for doing Thanksgiving this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving was over a month ago :)

    Now, if I had my way we'd lock the doors for Xmas and tell everyone we aren't home. Never win that argument though... So we do the annual rounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Christmas is definitely way more hectic. I've had a pretty quiet one the past few years, but this year I'm going to gird my loins and do the rounds as well. Good luck to you! =)

      Delete