Saturday, December 10, 2016

Getting Rights Back To Books From The Past By S.C. Wynne


I'm excited about getting the rights back to several of my very first books; Hard-Ass is Here and
I loved this cover so hard! I will miss it.
Hard-Ass Christmas. They were published by Loose Id and I will always be thankful to them for giving me a start. I hope to do more books with them in the future, I love self-publishing, but sometimes it's nice to just let the professionals take the reins!

It's a weird feeling when the rights revert. It's like you have all this freedom to do whatever you want with the books, but the scary part is .... YOU HAVE ALL THIS FREEDOM! It's kind of daunting. Should you add new content, or just re-release as is? You need new covers, and sometimes you feel really attached to the original covers! Plus, since these were my very first published books, there is an odd sentimental angle to it all.

But I shall pull up my big girl pants and push forward. Because, while writing is hard work, I love creating stories and hearing how they affect others. That's why authors love reviews. It's not just that we need them to rank, blah, blah, blah, it's also that it feeds our souls to hear you connected with a character we created.

Thank you to all who read our stories. As I always say; Without readers, authors are just like a kid with a hairbrush singing in front of a mirror! :)

S.C.
www.sc-wynne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment