Thursday, December 22, 2016

Holiday Traditions by Riley Hart


Can you believe it's almost the end of December 2016? I swear I don't know where the time goes. It feels like I was just saying, can you believe it's January 2016?? LOL.

This has been a tough year for a lot of us. This is usually my favorite time of the year. I go all out with decorating and love shopping and want to listen to Christmas music. This year I've felt very "bah Humbug" and it's made me sad. I just can't get into it the way I usually do. I'm working hard to get myself out of my funk. I'd love it if you would share some of your holiday traditions with me. What do you look forward to the most this time of year? Do you have a favorite holiday memory from the past?

I hope you all have a happy holiday!


Riley

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get out of your funk. My favourite tradition is only 7 years old. I have a Gingerbread Party for my niece and 3 nephews. It started with a tiny house, cutting and decorating sugar cookies and making a candycane reindeer ornament, to this year it was a 2 parter and they cut out their own designs the first day so I could bake, then last Saturday they came and decorated their houses as well as sugar cookies and cookie filling race and we made snow globes on a snowflake. I love spending that time with them. They are getting bigger and this was likely the last year. Next year my niece who is only 9 will come and we'll make a masterpiece together. I love making those memories with them.
    Merry Christmas and I hope 2017 is a much better year!

    ReplyDelete