Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Ask Andrew - Writing Process


Dear Andrew

What is your writing process like and how do you stay motivated?

Dawn

Dear Dawn

Each author's writing process is unique to them.  Since writing is a creative process, each author must work to figure out what works for them.  For me, once I have an idea that's caught my imagination, I sit down and develop my initial characters and start writing the story.  I work form beginning to end on one story at a time.  Once its drafted. My betas read it, I make changes and review the story before submission.  For me its simple process and I'm very lucky my stories develop in my head as cleanly as they do.

As for motivation...  that can be the hard part.  There are some days when I want to curl up under a blanket and pretend I'm a turtle.  For me there is no special trick.  I have to keep pushing myself each and every day to keep my story moving forward.  Some stories are easier and some are harder to write. I use goals and I have deadlines which also help motivate me. 

I hope this answers your question.  If any of you have any motivational methods, I'd love to hear about them.

Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

No comments:

Post a Comment