Friday, February 10, 2017

Here Comes Valentine's Day! by Felice Stevens


This will probably sound strange coming from a romance writer but...I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Yep. I went there. But hear me out.
When we were growing up and we wanted to take my mother out for Mother's Day, she refused, saying "Don't be nice to me one day a year, be nice to me every day. Besides, you drag me out to an overpriced restaurant when I'd rather just be with my family."
I get that now. I don't need my husband or kids bombarding me with cards and chocolate on one day to say how much they love me. The flower prices go up like crazy and the restaurants charge ridiculous prices for the same meal that the next day will be half price. Plus, my husband does NOT need another excuse to buy more candy, God love him. We could open a store. 
Maybe you call me a cynic. Well yeah, but still....I'd like people to be nice every day. It's the little things for me that count. Don't wait for a special day to tell someone you love them. Every day is a good day for love.
Take Gideon and Jonah for example. In The Way to His heart, a new, 12k word Valentine's Day short story, Jonah wants to show Gideon how much he loves him. It's coming out February 14th. There might be a kitchen disaster involved, but the love they have for each other has nothing to do with whether or not Jonah sets the apartment on fire. 
You can pre-order it here:
http://getbook.at/TheWaytoHisHeart
And here's the cover. this guy looks exactly like how I picture Gideon:

2 comments:

  1. My Mother and I feel the same way about Valentine's Day. Show me you love me everyday not once a year because you feel obligated because it's a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother and I feel the same way about Valentine's Day. Show me you love me everyday not once a year because you feel obligated because it's a holiday.

    ReplyDelete