Friday, March 17, 2017

Letting Go by Felice Stevens


I've finished a new book, entitled The Shape of You, and handed it into my editor and so now the waiting begins. What will she say? Will she like the characters, the plot....what if it sucks???

But sometimes you get a connection with characters and you find yourself unable to let go and move on. This is what I'm feeling now. The story was one that popped into my head and I needed to write it before any of the others on my list. And it was wonderful. I knew these guys, their hopes and dreams and it all just happened. I'm thinking it will be okay.

Then there are the books that you anguish over. You know what you want to say, but they DO NOT want to talk to you. AT ALL.
That's what I had writing One Call Away, which is in final edits now and will be released the end of April. 

One Call Away took me a year to write. One year. That's unheard of for me, because I write fast. But Noah, one of the MCs, would not reveal himself and I tried to push him and he laughed in my face and was all "Nope." So I left him and Oren hanging and went on the write other books, but always in the back of my mind, I had them sitting there, him and Oren, just staring at me with their woeful eyes until one day....it happened. Their story became such an emotional journey for me, I was at a loss when I finished their book. I sat around, wondering what story to write next and nothing interested me because I was still thinking of Noah and Oren and what they were doing.....okay. Deep breath.

In case you haven't realized it yet,  I have relationships with fictional characters.  

So there you have it. I have a hard time letting go of my guys from one book to the next. But those are the next two books after next week's release of Embrace the Fire.  I can't wait for you to read Brandon and Tash's story and the epilogue to all the guys.  

And in case you missed it, Rescued is now out in audiobook, narrated by Charlie David!  Here is the link: RESCUED.  And A Walk Through Fire is in KU and on sale for 99c and the audiobook is only $1.99. You can pick that up here: A WALK THROUGH FIRE  

Have a great weekend and happy reading and listening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment