Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Movie Q&A with BA, Julia, Kiernan and Sean


It’s summer blockbuster movie time when a lot of ‘big’ movie releases happen. So we thought we’d do movie-themed questions today.

1. Favorite movie adapted from a book?
2. Is there any movie you’ve seen that was better than the book it was based on?
3. Are there any particular movies you’re especially looking forward to seeing this summer?
4. Favorite childhood movie?
5. Favorite movie from when you were ‘a youth’?
6. Favorite all time movie?
7. Favorite guilty pleasure movie?
8. Favorite genre?
9. Least favorite genre?
10. Favorite theatre snack?
11. Is there anything that will ruin a movie for you and make you stop watching it?
12. What do you think about ‘remakes’?
13. When you watch a movie at home – do you make popcorn?

B.a.
1. Wizard of Oz
2. Carrie
3. I don't go to the movies. I'll be ready to see the new Alien movie streaming, though.
4. Wizard of Oz, followed closely by The Trouble with Angels.
5. St.Elmo's Fire
6. Wizard of Oz
7. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton
8. Horror
9. Grindhouse
10. Popcorn
11. I am the queen of 'I'm not watching this'. I'll walk out of a movie for 10000 reasons from unrelenting depression to nothing happens to I'm bored.
12. I tend not to watch.
13. I make popcorn way more often than I watch a movie.

Julia
1. Favorite movie adapted from a book?
Uh..Jurassic Park

2. Is there any movie you’ve seen that was better than the book it was based on?
Jurassic Park ;)

3. Are there any particular movies you’re especially looking forward to seeing this summer?
Oh man I have no idea what's coming out

4. Favorite childhood movie?
Star Wars

5. Favorite movie from when you were ‘a youth’?
Hmmm. What's youth exactly? A teen I guess?  I think probably Stand By Me

6. Favorite all time movie?
The Mummy

7. Favorite guilty pleasure movie?
High Spirits

8. Favorite genre?
Horror/Thriller

9. Least favorite genre?
Comedy, though I watch a good many I just can't find some stuff funny like other folks do

10. Favorite theatre snack? popcorn

11. Is there anything that will ruin a movie for you and make you stop watching it?
I stop watching movies all the time. Boring is the cardinal sin

12. What do you think about ‘remakes’?

Depends on the remake. Some things were too good the first time

13. When you watch a movie at home – do you make popcorn?

Usually not, no. Once in a great while

Kiernan
1. Favorite movie adapted from a book?
Wizard of Oz

2. Is there any movie you’ve seen that was better than the book it was based on?
Jaws, Jurassic Park

3. Are there any particular movies you’re especially looking forward to seeing this summer?
Wonder Woman

4. Favorite childhood movie?
Wizard of Oz

5. Favorite movie from when you were ‘a youth’?
Wizard of Oz/any MGM classic musical

6. Favorite all time movie? Wizard of Oz (seeing a pattern here?)

7. Favorite guilty pleasure movie? Megashark vs. Giant Octopus

8. Favorite genre? Bad B monster movies, and classic musicals

9. Least favorite genre?
Film noir

10. Favorite theatre snack?
Popcorn with oodles of fake butter and salt

11. Is there anything that will ruin a movie for you and make you stop watching it?
Stupid gaping plot holes and really bad dialogue

12. What do you think about ‘remakes’?
It depends. Most aren't nearly as good as the original (i.e. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory), but some are pretty decent (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Kong: Skull Island).

13. When you watch a movie at home – do you make popcorn? If I'm Skype movie watching with other people (I'm looking at you, B.A. and Julia. Trilogy of Terror awaits!).

Sean
1. Favorite movie adapted from a book?

Lord of the Rings - the whole thing

2. Is there any movie you’ve seen that was better than the book it was based on?

Not that I can think of.

3. Are there any particular movies you’re especially looking forward to seeing this summer?

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Despicable Me 3

4. Favorite childhood movie?

Cinderella - it was the first movie I ever saw in the theatre and I was six and it was my birthday. We had to take two buses to get to it and I can remember it was so cold and snowy and it took forever to get there. My mom took me.

5. Favorite movie from when you were ‘a youth’?

Chariots of Fire

6. Favorite all time movie?

All time favorite? I don't know that I can pick one. In fact I'm pretty damn sure I can't.

7. Favorite guilty pleasure movie?

The Knight's Tale

8. Favorite genre?

I tend to like sci-fi/action/adventure

9. Least favorite genre?

Do documentaries count?

10. Favorite theatre snack?

Gotta be popcorn with extra butter.

11. Is there anything that will ruin a movie for you and make you stop watching it?

Really bad acting and/or writing.

12. What do you think about ‘remakes’?

Some I like, some I hate. I always have to wonder, though, why folks can't write their own movies instead of redoing what's already been done...

13. When you watch a movie at home – do you make popcorn? 

Sometimes.


If you have any questions you'd like us to answer, or a theme for us to riff off of, please let us know!

Website:

Facebook:

Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment