Saturday, June 17, 2017

Are you a summer person or a winter person? By S.C. Wynne


Hi everybody!

I hate summer. There I said it. Maybe if I had a pool it would be better. I'm too old to run through the sprinklers without getting funny looks from my neighbors.

But cold weather, I love! There is nothing better to me than a rainy day and a chill in the air. It might be because I grew up in Southern California and it is pretty much all sun all the time. We're lucky if we even get rain. I have sympathy for my friends in New York and the other side of the country where their winters are truly horrendous. I wouldn't want seven feet of snow dumped on me either. Just a little rain, please.

When I was younger I worked closing shifts for a fast food chain and one night I remember going out to my car and having to dig it out from all the snow that had fallen during my shift. It was terrifying driving on the icy roads too. So while I would like some cold weather, I don't want snow so much as some cooling rain.

Of course, maybe I'm jaded today because it's 95 degrees and I'm sweltering at my computer. :)

S.C.

www.sc-wynne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment