Friday, June 23, 2017

How to NOT Murder Your Husband


So let me explain.
Here I was a few weeks ago, minding my own business, writing my next book like crazy, (It's Rico and Adam's story and damn...these two..) but I digress. I'm writing, preparing for the Kindle World launch, working full time at my day job which has suddenly exploded with the crazy, and my husband says. 
"Guess what? I've booked us on a trip."
I'm like, "Great! When and Where?"
"July 4th weekend, Friday the 29th until Wednesday the 5th."

I smile and say, "Oh no, you didn't. Because I'm releasing a book that Friday."
"Don't worry about it. You don't have to do anything. It's all up to the distributors anyway."
After contemplating which knives would make the deepest wound and searching my mind for old Snapped episodes to remember what kills quickly without a trace, I ask, in my most calm voice. 
"Where are we going, anyway?"

"Oh, Vegas. Isn't that great?"

"GREAT??  IT'S 9098940049858502 DEGREES THERE NOW!" Do  NOT tell me it's a dry heat too."

"But we'll stay in the air conditioning and there's a pool."

After much deliberation I decided to let him live to see another day, but only because I don't want to be a jail house author. So I'm going to Vegas next week, the day of the launch for The Shape of You, a book I didn't know I was going to write until I started writing it. Hard to explain. But these two men have turned out to be very special and from what several people have told me after reading it, they feel the same way. Eric and Corey captured me from the first word and I hope you enjoy their story.

Oh and the episode wasn't on Snapped it was on Forensic Files.😎

You can add The Shape of You to your Goodreads shelf here:
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34599259-the-shape-of-you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment