Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Ask Andrew - Characters


Dear Andrew

Are the experiences of your characters based on any of your own or people that you know?

Hugs
Dawn

Dear Dawn

Sometimes early on I used some of my own experiences and people I met in my characters.  One prime example is Eli from Love Means... No Shame.  He came out of a visit to an Amish Bakery that I made when I was in high school.  Now I have to say that a lot of Len's back story from Love Means... Courage comes form my own High School experience and I used some of my friends at the time as models for some of the other characters.  

I will tell you that the characters I based my closely on myself ate probably Tom from Master of the Revels, my first story ever, and Geoff from Love Means... No Shame.  However I did include some of my early interests in my books including antiques, hence Tyler from The Best Revenge.  As an author I put some of myself in every book.  Its just that in some cases, I add more.  

Hugs and Love
Andrew

 
Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

No comments:

Post a Comment