Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Ask Andrew - Challenges



Dear Andrew

Is there anything that you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Hugs
Dawn 

Dear Dawn

I always find each story a challenge.  I hate the thought of writing the same story over and over again.  I have written many stories over the past decade and I never want any of them to become stale or to follow a single formula too closely.  I write romance, so a happy ending is expected, but its the ending is achieved that brings the story to an amazing end.  I want the journey through the story and then the ending to be one that twists and turns so the reader isn't quite sure what is going to happen next. 

 I have written many kinds of stories with multiple types of characters and situations.  So coming up with something different and unique is a challenge.  I am writing a story right now that started with the idea... I inherited a cemetery.  Its not a paranormal, but a situation that intrigued me after seeing that a cemetery in my home town was actually up for sale.  Go figure.

It important to keep my writing a new and fresh for my one hundredth story as it is for my second or third.  Readers deserve a new reading experience with each book they pick up and I need something different and new to keep the creative juices flowing.  That is always a challenge.

Hugs and Love

Andrew


Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.



No comments:

Post a Comment