Sunday, December 3, 2017

Happy Sunny and Warm Holidays!


Hi all!

My post today is about holiday madness. I love the holidays, I love the insanity, I love the rush, and the music, and the joy. 

So, top 5 things to ponder about the winter holidays season: 
  • So many things to celebrate! In my house we celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas, and we always have to be a little flexible because sometimes they overlap and sometimes they don’t. Sometimes the first night of Hanukkah is on Christmas Eve. Sometimes they are two weeks apart. 
  • The tree - real or fake? No really, real or fake? I are always done a real tree. And every year I think, I need to go fake this year. And then I go looking and I can’t find a fake one I like. And then I buy a real tree. But right now, I’m looking for a fake one again!
  • Driving - you knew I couldn’t get through this post without complaining about who is not he road and the way people drive this time of year. College kids home and driving like maniacs. Grandma or Grandpa suddenly not only driving on Sunday’s (and driving like maniacs!), mall traffic (I’m in New Jersey, this is a THING), and you can’t find anywhere to park . For anything. Ever.  
  • Family - I love waking up with my little family on Christmas morning. We don’t do anything extravagant, but I make breakfast and then we sit by the tree and open our presents. We listen to Christmas carols and we stay in our pajamas until we have to put clothes on for company. It’s a slow, easy-going morning.
  • Food - I mean, what is a holiday without talking about the food? We have all kinds of weird food traditions in my family, but my favorite is the cinnamon bun tree that we make every year.  I buy those Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, smack a couple of packages on the counter to open them (or let my kids smack ‘em, they love that) and then make a tree shape. After they are cooked, we use colored sprinkles to make the trunk and the star and the rest of the green tree. It’s so silly easy and it sound so ridiculous, but we’ve been doing it since I was a little girl, and I can’t imagine a Christmas without it!

I’ll be back next Sunday with more holiday-related craziness I’m sure. Until then, stay safe as you travel around out there. Cheers!

Jodi
jodipayne.net

No comments:

Post a Comment